Scicom Academy (“we”, “us”, “our” or “Scicom” as the context requires) respects your privacy. We treat and view your personal data with utmost importance.
Collection of Personal Information & Data
During your dealing with us, we will request that you provide data and information about you (“Personal Data”) to enable us to enter transaction with you or to deliver the necessary services, information and/or products in connection with our business.
Such Personal Data may include information concerning name as contained in your Identity Card, preferred name, age, contact number, residential address, e-mail address, birth date, gender and occupation. We may also obtain sensitive Personal Data such as; your physical or mental health or your religious believe. If you volunteer such information by using our website, you will be consenting to our processing of such data for the purposes stated below.
We may collect your Personal Data in any of the following ways:
- When you provide us any Personal Data in any of the input areas within the website.
- When you provide us any Personal Data by any other means including (but not limited to) telephone, fax, e-mail and/or post.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you use our website and any other information which you may post or log onto our website, e-mail address or any other means of communication with us.
Why do we collect Personal Data?
In general, the collection of your Personal Data is relevant in connection to our business process, execution, including delivery of services and/or products and client relationship management. Specifically, your Personal Data shall be collected, used and otherwise processed by us for, amongst others, the following purposes:
- Enrollment into our courses.
- Addressing your queries about our courses and course content.
- Updating you on any course intakes and new courses.
- To enable us to supply you with any services and information which you have requested.
- To provide you with information and services which we feel may be of interest to you, where you have consented to.
IP addresses, cookies and links
We may collect Personal Data about your computer, including where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
The website may contain links that make it easy for you to visit other websites. We do not have any control over these websites. Therefore, if you use these links to leave Scicom and visit websites operated by third parties, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting these sites.
What happens if you fail to provide Personal Data?
We wish to note that it is not mandatory to provide us with your Personal Data. However, should you fail to provide your Personal Data, it may and/or will result in us:
- Not being able to answer your queries adequately.
- Not being able to provide you with our services and/or products.
- Not being able to update you with any of our courses and/or course contents.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Personal Data provided to us will be kept securely within our company and we shall not sell any of your Personal Data to any third parties without your consent. Furthermore, you hereby consent and authorize us to provide or disclose your Personal Data to only our holding, affiliate and subsidiary companies within the Scicom Group of Companies only for the purposes set out in this policy.
We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We, where practicable, implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data.
Your right to access, amend and withdraw consent
You have the right to request access to and any correction of information about you that we have collected, and, in this respect, you may:
- Request from us what are the Personal Data we hold about you; and
- Request that we correct any of your Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete and/or out-of-date.
You may contact us pursuant to your above right at:
Data Protection Officer,
Scicom (Academy) Sdn. Bhd.,
9th Floor, Menara TA One,
No. 22, Jalan P. Ramlee,
50250 Kuala Lumpur.
We shall attempt to respond to your request within twenty-one (21) days from receipt of your request. However, please note that it may take longer if we do not receive proper and complete information in your request to us. Also, there may be a fee chargeable for providing copies of your data.
This notice is also subject to our amendment from time to time and you are advised to refer to this notice from time to time so that you are aware of the most recent version of our notice.